This mattress has become extremely popular and is becoming the go-to mattress in 2021! It is a great buy for people looking for a quality, comfortable, and supportive non-toxic mattress.
The Simba Hybrid Mattress design helps to keep your spine in perfect alignment for a fantastic night of sleep. It comes in a variety of sizes including Twin, Full, California King, Queen, and King size.
Created by the Simba Sleep company, this mattress is one of the most popular and best-buy options of mattresses on Amazon.
They have also been featured in news headlines for their innovative technology which does not contain any harmful toxins as many other traditional mattresses do.
Their goal is to provide a healthier night’s sleep with their eco-friendly designs.
- The mattress is created using a two-layers design; the top being 4 inches of high-density support foam and then 7.5 inches of foam. Some people may be concerned that there is not enough padding but it actually works out well because it allows for more airflow which helps to keep your body temperature regulated as you sleep throughout the night. The 7.5-inch layer of memory foam provides excellent support and pressure relief which helps to reduce tossing and turning during the night which will allow you to get a higher quality sleep than other traditional mattresses.
- It is also designed with an edge-to-edge sleep surface, this means that if you are sharing your bed with a partner you don’t have to worry about falling off the bed in the middle of the night. Each side is designed with a sleeping surface that goes all the way up to the edge of the mattress which helps your body stay in alignment and provides excellent support all around, this means no more falling off or tossing and turning because you run out of sleeping space.
They offer the mattress in different sizes to accommodate a variety of needs and sleeping preferences. The sizes include:
- Twin: 39″ x 75″ x 10″
- Twin XL: 39″ x 80 “x 10″
- Full: 54″ x 75” x 10”
- Queen: 60″ x 80′ ‘x 10″”
- King: 76″ X 80″ X 10″”
- California King: 72″ x 84″ x 10″”
The prices for this mattress vary depending on which size you choose and where you buy it. For example, a twin-sized mattress costs around £250 while a King-sized one can cost up to £600.
The prices are very reasonable though especially considering that the foam used is CertiPUR-US Certified.
Pros and cons of Simba Mattress
- The top layer of the mattress is made with 4 inches of high-density support foam and then there are 7.5 inches of memory foam which provides pressure relief and optimal comfort
- Comes in a variety of sizes including Twin, Full, Queen, King, California King
- Non-toxic eco-friendly design does not contain chemicals or flame retardants.
- Provides excellent edge to edge support which means you won’t fall off the bed in the middle of the night
- CertiPUR-US foam is free from harmful chemicals which makes it a healthier choice for those who want a good nights sleep without worrying about being exposed to toxins and chemicals
- The price of the mattress is very reasonable considering the quality materials used
- The mattress tends to be a little on the firm side so if you are looking for something plusher it may not be right for you.
- The smell that some people complain about does go away after a few days or as soon as it airs out but for some, it may be an inconvenience.
Product care and warranty
The mattress is very easy to care for and clean. The mattress cover can be unzipped and removed for a quick, hassle-free cleaning session that will keep your mattress looking as good as new.
Another great feature of this mattress is that it is backed by a 10-year guarantee so you know the company stands behind their product.
Standard delivery is free and will usually take 2-5 days depending on where you live. They also offer more expedited options if you need the mattress in a hurry, these include;
- Next day: £50
- Second day: £30
- Standard: £0
Trial and returns
Simba provides a 100 night trial period for their mattress, this means that you can purchase the mattress and try it out for 100 days to see if it is right for you.
If at any point during those 100 days you decide that the mattress isn’t right for you they will give you a full refund so long as there are no stains and the bed is still in its original condition.
Mattress firmness and support rating
The Simba is available in three different firmness options which are soft, medium, and firm.
The mattress is slightly firmer than average according to online reviews. This could be a problem for side sleepers especially if you are used to sleeping on softer mattresses.
However, it provides excellent support and with the proper bedding, you should be able to get a more plush feel.
Customer reviews and ratings
Online customers reviewed the mattress as excellent with most people claiming that they enjoy the firm support and comfort it offers.
Others said that it did take a day or two for their body to adjust but after that, they felt relief from aches and pains as well as waking up without the usual stiffness.
Customers reported very positive experiences when contacting customer service for the Simba.
They were quick with their responses and helped resolve any issues that customers had, even going as far as helping them find a mattress they would like better if they weren’t satisfied with this product.
Tests and Certifications
The Simba has undergone a variety of tests and certifications including:
- CertiPUR-US certification ensures that the mattress is free from chemicals, toxins, and other dangerous materials Safety assessment, includes both open flame and lead paint testing.
- Independent laboratory r-value testing to ensure that you get the most thermal protection possible.
- The Toxins free certification means that the mattress is free from chemicals and toxins which could be harmful to your health.
The mattress weighs about 60 lbs in total for all sizes so it should be easy enough to move around if needed.
Temperature-neutral memory foam
One of the major complaints with many foam mattresses is the overheating that occurs when you are sleeping. While this does vary from person to person, some estimate that about 10 to 20% of the population will have this problem and it can cause a lot of discomforts which results in disrupted sleep patterns.
The memory foam that Simba uses contains tiny open cells which allow air circulation through the mattress. This helps to prevent the overheating and trapped feeling that can occur with many foam mattresses.
Edge support varies widely from person to person based on individual needs but according to most reviewers, there is very good edge support which provides a solid sleeping surface even for those who sleep near the side of the bed.
A protector is very important regardless of how high quality your mattress may be. It will help to keep spills and stains from ruining the mattress and provide an extra layer of comfort if you are using foam or just want to enhance your sleep experience. The Simba Protection Plus Waterproof Protector can be purchased separately for £90.
This is a 100% cotton protector designed to protect the mattress from stains and spills as well as provide a barrier between you and the bed itself. Most reviewers claim that it fits well with little or no shifting of the fitted sheet but some found it did move around quite a bit during sleep.
Can you use an electric blanket with a mattress??
Yes, you can use an electric blanket. Some reviewers had mentioned that they noticed the wires in their previous electric blanket would show through to the top of their bed but this problem does not appear to be present with this mattress so it should be okay as long as you have a flat or low-profile heating source.
Is Simba Mattress a Pocket Spring?
No, Simba is not a pocket spring mattress. It is a foam bed and comes with about a 1″ layer of memory foam on top of the 7″ base support foam. The reason for this thickness difference is that pocket springs tend to be much firmer than memory and have less give than most people need for comfort.
Does it fit a Small Double Bed?
Yes, the mattress Simba can be used on a small double bed or even a single bed. Just note that when it comes to the size of your mattress, you will want to buy the exact measurements of your frame for the best fit. If you have a standard UK double frame like the one featured in our images, you should have no problem finding a mattress that will fit it.
Q. Where is the mattress made?
A. The Simba mattress is manufactured in the USA
Q. What is included with my purchase of a mattress??
The Simba comes with a box spring, foam topper if you select that option, and an 11-inch foundation if you want to use it on another type of support system such as a platform bed. It also comes with a protector and a 100 night trial period.
Q. Will it be the same as what is shown in the advertising??
A. No, Mattress makers will always use stock images to show you how their product looks but each mattress will be slightly different since they are handcrafted using only the highest quality materials.
Q. Am I buying a new mattress or one that has been returned??
A. All Simba mattresses are brand new and have never been slept on before since they are handmade to order.
Q. What are the dimensions of the mattress??
The dimensions of the mattress will vary slightly depending on what size you decide to purchase but it is about 11 inches thick with American-sized standard bedding.
Q. How long will it take for my mattress to be delivered??
A. Most orders are processed and shipped within 5 business days but this can vary depending on where you live and what time of year it is. For a more accurate estimate please contact customer service directly since base shipping times depend mainly on the shipping company that is being used.
Q. What if I do not like the mattress??
A. For those that have tried memory foam or even just a high-quality bed and found it isn’t for them can always return it within 100 nights but they will be charged a 20% restocking fee in order to receive their refund. They also must pay return shipping on their own.
Q. What if I do not receive my tracking number??
A. If you did not receive your shipping information within 3 business days after the order was placed please contact customer service to ensure that they sent out your order correctly and it hasn’t gotten stuck in transit somewhere.
Q.Who should buy this mattress??
A. This mattress is designed for those who like the soft, sinking feeling of memory foam as well as couples or people who tend to share a bed.
Q. What if I have allergies??
A. All Simba mattresses are free of latex and chemical flame retardants which can cause reactions in some people so it should be okay for those with allergies.
The mattress Simba is a great option for those who want to switch to a healthier mattress that offers excellent support. The memory foam used in its construction provides pressure relief and excellent comfort while the lack of harmful toxins makes this product safe and hypoallergenic for those with chemical sensitivities or allergies.
This is a great choice for those who are in search of a new mattress but do not want to sacrifice health for comfort. The pricing is also very reasonable for the quality and durability of the product.